Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Adam & Steve




I usually try to start off a blog with a catchy hook and an interesting quick story.

This time I'm going to start off by saying this. I'M NOT GAY! NOT ONE BIT! NOT AT ALL...not showing any disrespect to any who are but I will just set the record straight before people do what they do best and start rumors.

This topic was brought to me by a friend. She wanted me to express my views on homosexuality and how the majority of people are close minded to the thought of gay couples and gay marriage.

My friend is a lesbian women who "came out" as they call it a couple years out of high school.

During high school while I knew her she was very much into men. To the point were I even thought she was a little loose. So for her to come out and say that she was a lesbian really caught me off guard.

Having a serious talk with her after she came out made me realize why she was this way.

She told me that from her younger years she always felt like she should be with a woman, but since she was so deep into religion and God she felt that it was wrong what she was feeling. So she tried so hard to fight it messing with numerous guys thinking that if she found the right guy that he could maybe, just maybe take her mind of being gay.


Well this denial went on for years and no matter what guy she talked to, no matter how nice, or no matter how good the sex, she still just did not feel men in that way.

After her last and final relationship with a guy that went on for a couple years, she finally came out and said enough is enough, im going to do me. Now she's been happy ever since.

I've heard comments about how homosexuality is a choice, that thier disgusting, that there all going to hell, from strangers and people who I know and love.

Think about it though, do you think if a person had a choice to be gay that they would choose too? Would that really make sense?


Thats like living in slave days and you had a choice to be black or white. Which one would you choose. The black person, so you could get beat, whipped and worked to death. Or the white person so you could live freely have all your rights and have people work for you.

I damn sure know I would be whiter then ever.

So why would someone chose to be gay and put themself through what gay's and homosexuals go through.

I honestly feel that homosexuality is something that your born with. It's not only a feeling, it's a proven fact.

Researchers prove that homosexual humans have different type of brain cells in then a heterosexual.

One night I was watching a documentary on 20/20 about a little boy, I think he was three years old who wanted to play with barbies and wear a bikini, have long hair and play with girls.

Now at three years old were do you learn this behavior? Surely not on Barney, I don't think Sesame Street promotes gay lifestyle either. His parents were both heterosexuals and they didn't understand it either, but it was a whole different ball game when their three year old son wished he was born a girl.

Coming from a Jamaican household and living in Jamaica for the first couple years of my life, I too was very judgmental and bias towards the homosexual behavior. In places like Jamaica and many other cities in the U.S. Gay's are bashed, harassed and ridiculed. ESPECIALLY IN JAMAICA!

I chose to look outside the box though, I chose to open my mind and try to find a reason for the behavior. Yes, I use to be like some of you and just judge without knowing. But one day, just one day, if your as comfortable with your sexuality as I am. Stop and ask a gay person, in the most respectful way, and say Hey, can i ask you a question. And see their response.

You will never know a person until you talk to them. Gay, straight, black, white, tall, small.

So think about what I said. Think about the challenges and dilemmas that gays have to go through.

Their basically fighting the same fight that blacks fought during the civil rights movement. Now were turning around and doing the same to another group of people. Does that seem right?

But Hey, Maybe It's Just Me.

REMEMBER, I'M NOT GAY! ...lol

Mike 3G!


6 comments:

  1. im not a DEVOTED christian. i still have love for everyone gay or str8 but i still dont agree with the research. thats just me and theres many reasons why i say that but i wont rub my beliefs in anyone face & make them feel any less ya kno but i KNOW if i had a lil boy & he wanted to play with barbies i probably wouldnt let it happen... some thinqs u dont expose to kids at a early aqe & somethinqs u shouldnt iqnore... thats one thinq i wouldnt iqnore cuz if i let it slide of course he qonna think he should've been a qirl cuz mommy lettinq him do lil qirl thinqs & he thinks its ok. now when he qets older to the point he understands his feelinqs & still thinks he likes boys then fine so be it. i will still love my child. if u eva seen prayers for bobby... thats an example of wah some parents or just anyone shouldnt do.

    but i know wah u mean bout jamaica.... cuz they speak on it reggae sonqs i listen to. they dont play

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a really good point. N I'm all for being gay, bi or whatever else anyone chooses to be, I'm not very judgmental you can't help what you end up liking and more people just need to learn to do them like your friend and not worry about what other people might say. People definitely aren't going to wait on you to do them so you shouldn't either. I really wish everyone else could learn to be more open minded and to stop being ignorant because its a bad look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I'm speechless. You have made a really good point and you have no idea how important this is to me that you have chosen to blog about this. I strongly believe that all it takes is people to open their minds a little in order to start changing the world. I know it's going to be a long battle but gay people will have equal rights no matter how long it takes!! I really appreciate you taking the time to talk about this!! It means a lot to me! Much love, and keep doing you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha @ u clarifyin that u aint gay!! but i agree with wat you say. plus i luv gay folkz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly what I have been trying to tell people. If you do research, it's seen that the brain has a lot of differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals. I know this is really late but I was just checking the blog and saw this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Generational curses..thats how a 3 y.o. can lean toward those things at that age. Whatever your ancestors did and whatever major strongholds that were in their life have an effect, on the mental and spiritual aspect of a person and then in some cases it eventually becomes a physical manifestation of thoses curses.

    ReplyDelete